Friday, 11 January 2013

Ghost Ship - Expansion #3

So I've been thinking about what I intend to do with the expanded Ghost Ship idea, and what I hope to achieve. Since Craig showed me the cruise ship level from Uncharted 3 I've been fixated on this luxurious, grand dining hall shot. While they are muted, the colours in the scene are fantastic, and really give it an air of personality and charm.




I'd love to be able to fit this kind of environment into the project, I feel it'd add a lot of character to the scene and would really vibe with the ghost ship theme, giving both an air of majesty and tragedy. Because of this, I've been thinking about some way of fitting in both the main deck and this grand hall, in a way that feels fluid and organic. Since these two areas would usually be quite far apart from each other, I may have to improvise a little and change the layout of a normal cruise ship. Given that this project is steeped in fantasy already, I don't think this will make much of a difference..


The layout of this Disney Cruise Line ship is pretty near to what I want, as the deck and main hall are very close. Of course, here it is a theatre, but that's easy to change. If I was to pursue this idea, I'd be making just the deck and the main hall for the project, which sounds like a manageable space for the time allotted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment