Saturday, 2 February 2013

It begins!

The start of February signals the start of the FMP. It begins!

I've already thrown together a sheet in Excel for tracking time and asset progress, complete with fancy maths that'll tell me the percentage of project completable and time remaining ect. ect. Figured it'd be useful to track my time and progress on a day-to-day basis.

I've given myself this first week to look into what ship I intend to do, to do research on locations to place it in, and drum up a layout map for the scene. Even though we have four months for this project, time is going to be short, so I need to get straight on it and not relent.

I'm currently watching Virus and plan to watch Ghost Ship later. (when I get a version which isn't in Russian) Why? As you might have guessed, they both feature ghost ships as the core focus of their story. I'm watching them mostly for inspiration, though I've grabbed some shots from the first twenty minutes of Ghost Ship, as they were interesting visually.

Edit:
Man, I'm only fifteen minutes in and already Virus is creepy as hell. Maybe it's just me, but there's something really unnerving about pushing through the fog and seeing this collosal vessel just dead in the water, surrounded by an air of death and decay. So yeah, watching this film is definitely inspiring :D

No comments:

Post a Comment